Friday, January 10, 2014

tgi(c)f

Today we went to Austin&Gerald's room to stick seashells all over Gerald's face and then take portraits of him.

It was an idea I got in Penang and I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out at all. I have only the vaguest idea about how the seashells were going to stay on his face and what's going to happen during the shoot. Was it even going to be as aesthetically pleasing as the idea in my head? There's always this slight anxiety before a shoot but it was so nice to finally be doing proper (albeit VERY makeshift) studio work again.

I got the help of Karu who subsequently managed to manifest my idea on Gerald's face. And the help of Taliza and Michelle who were photography assistants. And as is usual with most every photoshoot here in school, it was on one hand a serious portrait session and on another, an entertaining photoshoot performance for people who were curious enough to turn up and find a space in the cluttered room (all the furniture were compressed to make room for a makeshift studio by the window) who occasionally became furniture-mover whenever it was required.

The photos turned out all right I suppose, for our first ever Creative Friday, which I am looking forward to. It's going to be an everything-and-anything-goes free art period that could stretch until night-time or be done in an hour and the best part is of course making art with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment